Showing 11–20 of 2,979 items.
Tracie Bennett Sings Judy: Songs From the Broadway Production End Of The Rainbow and Other Garland Classics
- A Vivian Ellis composition (words and music) opens our compilation. Sung by Frances Day (1907-1984), How Do You Do, Mr Right?' comes from the musical 'The Fleet's Lit Up' which enjoyed a run of 199 performances at the London Hippodrome, closing in February 1939.
- Change Partners' by the suave and elegant Fred Astaire came from the 1938 Astaire/Rogers film 'Carefree' which boasted a score by Irving Berlin.
- It's no mistake that the name of Carroll Gibbons features more on this set than that of anyone else. Aside from the six tracks with his Boy Friends we find Massachusetts born Carroll as conductor and/or pianist on sides with Jessie Matthews, Noel Coward, Al Bowlly (where he's moonlighting to Decca) and Hildegarde.
- Sultry-voiced Greta Keller had an intimate style. She was described as possessing 'a perfect microphone voice'. Listen especially to her spoken introduction preceding the song Lamplight'.
- Transatlantic Lullaby is a world class song introduced in 'The Gate Revue' at the Ambassadors Theatre in London in March 1939. Our recording is by the instantly recognisable warm voice of Adelaide Hall (1901-1993),
- Billie Holiday- The Complete Decca Recordings