Author: Jay Feinman
Publisher: Oxford University Press
List Price: $27.95
You Save: $10.16 (36%)
You can also purchase this item directly through Amazon.
This fully updated fourth edition of Law 101 accounts for all this and more, as Feinman once again provides a clear introduction to American law. The book covers all the main subjects taught in the first year of law school, and discusses every facet of the American legal tradition, including constitutional law, the litigation process, and criminal, property, and contracts law.
To accomplish this, Feinman brings in the most noteworthy, infamous, and often outrageous examples and cases. We learn about the case involving scalding coffee that cost McDonald's half a million dollars, the murder trial in Victorian London that gave us the legal definition of insanity, and the epochal decision of Marbury vs. Madison that gave the Supreme Court the power to declare state and federal law unconstitutional. A key to learning about the law is learning legal vocabulary, and Feinman helps by clarifying terms like "due process" and "equal protection," as well as by drawing distinctions between terms like "murder" and "manslaughter."
Above all, though, is that Feinman reveals to readers of all kinds that despite its complexities and quirks, the law is can be understood by everyone. Perfect for students contemplating law school, journalists covering legislature, or even casual fans of "court-television" shows, Law 101 is a clear and accessible introduction to the American legal system.
New to this edition:
Featured analysis of:
-the Obamacare case
-the DOMA decision
-the Trayvon Martin case
As well as recent legal developments pertaining to:
Hardcover: 376 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press (September 1, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 1.2 x 6.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,643 in Books
- Dictionary of Legal Terms: Definitions and Explanations for Non-Lawyers
- The Tools of Argument: How the Best Lawyers Think, Argue, and Win
- Law School Confidential: A Complete Guide to the Law School Experience: By Students, for Students
- Getting To Maybe: How to Excel on Law School Exams
- 24 Hours with 24 Lawyers: Profiles of Traditional and Non-Traditional Careers
- Law For Dummies
- 1L of a Ride: A Well-Traveled Professor's Roadmap to Success in the First Year of Law School (Career Guides)
- The Legal Analyst: A Toolkit for Thinking about the Law
- Open Book: The Inside Track to Law School Success (Academic Success)
- Whose Monet: An Introduction To the American Legal System (Aspen Coursebook)
Cambridge LSAT is a private test prep provider neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), which administers the Law School Admission Test.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Cambridge LSAT is also a participant in Manhattan Prep's revenue-sharing affiliate program.