Author: G. Polya
Publisher: Princeton University Press
You can also purchase this item directly through Amazon.
A perennial bestseller by eminent mathematician G. Polya, How to Solve It will show anyone in any field how to think straight. In lucid and appealing prose, Polya reveals how the mathematical method of demonstrating a proof or finding an unknown can be of help in attacking any problem that can be "reasoned" out--from building a bridge to winning a game of anagrams. Generations of readers have relished Polya's deft--indeed, brilliant--instructions on stripping away irrelevancies and going straight to the heart of the problem.
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Princeton University Press (September 25, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 5.25 x 0.75 x 8 inches
Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #105,127 in Books
- How to Prove It: A Structured Approach, 2nd Edition
- Book of Proof
- The Stanford Mathematics Problem Book: With Hints and Solutions (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Mathematics and Plausible Reasoning [Two Volumes in One]
- What Is Mathematics? An Elementary Approach to Ideas and Methods
- Problem Solving & Comprehension
- How to Study as a Mathematics Major
- The Algorithm Design Manual
- Introduction to Graph Theory (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Fifty Challenging Problems in Probability with Solutions (Dover Books on Mathematics)
Cambridge LSAT is a private test prep provider neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), which administers the Law School Admission Test.We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Cambridge LSAT is also a participant in Manhattan Prep's revenue-sharing affiliate program.