Author: G. Polya
Publisher: Princeton University Press
You can also purchase this item directly through Amazon.
A perennial bestseller by eminent mathematician G. Polya, How to Solve It will show anyone in any field how to think straight. In lucid and appealing prose, Polya reveals how the mathematical method of demonstrating a proof or finding an unknown can be of help in attacking any problem that can be "reasoned" out―from building a bridge to winning a game of anagrams. Generations of readers have relished Polya's deft―indeed, brilliant―instructions on stripping away irrelevancies and going straight to the heart of the problem.
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Princeton University Press (September 25, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 0.6 x 7.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #383,491 in Books
- How to Prove It: A Structured Approach, 2nd Edition
- Book of Proof
- What Is Mathematics? An Elementary Approach to Ideas and Methods
- Mathematics and Plausible Reasoning [Two Volumes in One]
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs - 2nd Edition (MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
- The Algorithm Design Manual
- The Stanford Mathematics Problem Book: With Hints and Solutions (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science (2nd Edition)
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- The Elements of Computing Systems: Building a Modern Computer from First Principles
Cambridge LSAT is a private test prep provider neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), which administers the Law School Admission Test.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Cambridge LSAT is also a participant in Manhattan Prep's revenue-sharing affiliate program.