Showing 1–10 of 81,757 items.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- Ballantine Books
- Spiegel Grau
- Product Details Paperback: 336 pages Publisher: The New Press (January 16, 2012) Language: English ISBN-10: 1595586431 ISBN-13: 9781595586438 Product Dimensions: 1 x 6.2 x 9.2 inches Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Once in a great while a book comes along that changes the way we see the world and helps to fuel a nationwide social movement. The New Jim Crow is such a book. Praised by Harvard Law professor Lani Guinier as "brave and bold," this book directly challenges the notion that the election of Barack Obama signals a new era of colorblindness.
- With dazzling candor, legal scholar Michelle Alexander argues that "we have not ended racial caste in America; we have merely redesigned it."
- By targeting black men through the War on Drugs and decimating communities of color, the U.S. criminal justice system functions as a contemporary system of racial control-relegating millions to a permanent second-class status-even as it formally adheres to the principle of colorblindness. In the words of Benjamin Todd Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP, this book is a "call to action."